News and Updates
SSEI Town Hall Presentations:
- March 2021: official name reveal of Office of Student Enrollment and Account Management (SEAM), org charts, job postings and transition plans.
- December 2020: progress updates on the shared services organization; new Director of Student Support Operations, Tanya Johnson; updates on the proposed timeline.
- January 2020: progress updates on the shared services organization, broad timeline of activities.
Articles about or pertaining to SSEI:
SSEI Newsletter Updates:
- September 2021: SEAM official launch, walk-in locations
- February 2021: Introducing SEAM, new town halls in March, and more
- December 2020: Town hall video recordings, new student services request tool launch, naming contest for the SSO
- November 2020: Town hall updates on shared services progress, position openings within shared services, naming contest for the new shared services organization
- August 2020: New financial aid digital resources for students, new university-wide course catalog, student engagement via co-design
- February 2020: Town hall at SAIS, new student engagement project on digital initiatives
- December 2019: Town halls at Homewood and Bloomberg School of Public Health, Director of Financial Aid Shared Services, Slate go-live for most schools
- October 2019: SSEI updates: several advancements towards enhanced student experience: Shared Services planning updates, DSEC 2019, Registration & Financial Aid updates and more
- April 2019: University student accounts director, town halls and more
- January 2019: SSEI in the new year: reimagining the Hopkins experience: SSEI presents at EDUCAUSE, Reimagining Our Work retreat, Third Party Payer Billing team launch, Slate updates and more
- September 2018: Handshake and Slate live, new vice provost and more: Welcome Farouk Dey, Handshake live for students and alumni, Slate live at four schools, Professional Development Day and DSEC 2018
- July 2018: Handshake live, Slate progress: Handshake now live for employers; Slate features implemented across initial JHU schools, SSEI website refresh
- April 2018: Systems implementation updates: semester.ly integration with SIS now live; Handshake go-live dates, Slate implementation phasing across schools
- February 2018: Innovations in student experience in Registration, other areas: semester.ly integration with SIS under development; Skillsoft accessibility extended to students
- November 2017: What’s next for JHU and Grad Admissions: Slate selected as Grad Admissions platform; Handshake selected for Career Services; proposed common academic calendar
- September 2017: This fall: new faces and resources at JHU: welcome Tom Black as inaugural University Registrar; launch of universal career resources site; SSEI presentation at DSEC
- June 2017: A busy summer for the SSEI: DSEC on 8/4/17; Career Services and Graduate Admissions search for systems; approval of position for Assistant Provost of Financial Aid
- May 2017: Updates from the SSEI: search begins for University Registrar; expected launch of universal career resources website
Keep up with the latest SSEI updates by subscribing to our newsletter.