During the first phase of implementation, the SSEI stood up a graduate admissions working group comprised of staff across the nine different schools at JHU, to gather detailed requirements and extensively vet vendors. Their work resulted in the selection of Slate as the common graduate admissions system across the university enterprise. The primary goal of selecting this common platform is to ensure a more consistent user-friendly experience for students, as well as the faculty and staff on the administrative side of the graduate admissions selection process. (For staff and faculty looking for assistance with the transition to Slate, the SSEI and UIS team has prepared a tutorial and support resources site).
As we wrap FY20, SSEI will conclude our efforts in the area of Recruitment and Admissions, as this area has now transitioned to operations mode under the purview of the Vice Deans of Graduate Education.
-Selected a common platform (Slate) for Graduate Admissions across the nine major schools of JHU
- Implemented Slate for full time graduate programs at the School of Education, Carey Business School, Krieger School of Arts & Sciences (KSAS), Whiting School of Engineering (WSE), the Nitze School for Advanced International Studies (SAIS), KSAS Advanced Academic Programs, WSE Engineering for Professionals
- Also implemented Slate for KSAS, WSE, BSPH and SOM summer programs
- Finalized details of a visionary user experience for prospects and successful applicants
- World Education Service (WES), international student verification process, now integrated with Slate
- Parchment Services, domestic student verification process, now integrated with Slate
- Implemented Slate across divisions and select non-degree / non-credit programs
- Transitioning to the Vice Deans of Graduate Education for operations